Gerardo Martino has announced his 31-man longlist ahead of Mexico’s 2022 FIFA World Cup roster selection.
By the time the Mexico World Cup 2022 roster is revealed on November 13th, manager Gerardo Martino will already have narrowed it down to a preliminary 31-man list.
Before the World Cup, this will need to be further reduced to a 26-man roster since Mexico, which has exited each of the last eight competitions in the round of 16, has been drawn into a group with Argentina, Saudi Arabia, and Poland.
Mexico will play in its 17th World Cup; only Brazil, Germany, Italy, and Argentina have participated in more tournaments. El Tri secured their place in Qatar by coming in second place in the CONCACAF Cup.
The tentative 31-man Mexico FIFA World Cup 2022 roster is set to go to Qatar.
Play Fantasy Football & Win FAN Token!
- GK: Guillermo Ochoa (America)
- GK: Alfredo Talavera (Juarez)
- GK: Rodolfo Cota (Leon)
- DF: Hector Moreno (Monterrey)
- DF: Jesus Gallardo (Monterrey)
- DF: Nestor Araujo (America)
- DF: Cesar Montes (Monterrey)
- DF: Jorge Sanchez (Ajax)
- DF: Gerardo Arteaga (Genk)
- DF: Jesus Angulo (Tigres)
- DF: Kevin Alvarez (Pachuca)
- DF: Johan Vasquez (Cremonese)
- MF: Andres Guardado (Real Betis)
- MF: Hector Herrera (Houston Dynamo)
- MF: Jesus Corona (Sevilla)
- MF: Edson Alvarez (Ajax)
- MF: Orbelin Pineda (AEK Athens)
- MF: Uriel Antuna (Cruz Azul)
- MF: Erick Gutierrez (PSV)
- MF: Carlos Rodriguez (Cruz Azul)
- MF: Roberto Alvarado (Guadalajara)
- MF: Luis Romo (Monterrey)
- MF: Diego Lainez (Braga)
- MF: Alexis Vega (Guadalajara)
- MF: Erick Sanchez (Pachuca)
- MF: Luis Chavez (Pachuca)
- FW: Raul Jimenez (Wolves)
- FW: Hirving Lozano (Napoli)
- FW: Henry Martin (America)
- FW: Rogelio Funes Mori (Monterrey)
- FW: Santiago Gimenez (Feyenoord)
When will the Mexico World Cup 2022 team’s final roster be revealed?
No specific time has been mentioned, but Mexico must reveal their final roster by Sunday, November 13, which is the deadline for FIFA to receive squad submissions.
Who will be included in the final Mexico World Cup team in 2022?
The present crop in Mexico is a mix of youth and experience. Veteran players like Raul Jimenez of the Wolves, Hector Herrera of Atletico Madrid, and Guillermo Ochoa, 36, are certain to be selected if healthy.
Other well-known athletes, though, are in jeopardy of being left out or have already said they would not compete in Qatar. The senior Mexican player with 173 caps, Andres Guardado, was left off the team for the March final qualifiers; Javier Hernandez hasn’t competed for Mexico since the 2021 Gold Cup.
Hirving Lozano and Jesus Corona, a deadly attacking pair, will almost certainly come on board. Nestor Araujo and Edson Alvarez of America and Ajax, respectively, are two other important players.
Mexico has a strong lineup, and they will be looking to set foot in the FIFA World Cup 2022, which will take place in Qatar. They will be quite optimistic, and they will be striving to achieve a great finish in the tournament.
Join Discord Server Now & Get the 2500 FAN Tokens!
Join in on the World Cup action and get ready to win big prizes in cryptocurrency on the leading cryptocurrency fantasy sports application Fanspel. It will elevate your viewing experience and enable you to earn passively while watching your favorite teams play.
Check out Fanspel at – Fanspel.com